BluelightNewsletter

Disclaimer: My personnal opinion is for your entertainment only & should not be used as advice on your decision. I may sell or buy (to cover) my holding according to the market movement. I am not a licensed financial advisor. Please always do your own DD. Set protective stops & not be too greedy. You are responsible for your own decision. I wish you good luck trading. -Blue

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Roger Nusbaum: Northfield Labs Options Overpriced? I Doubt It


Roger Nusbaum wrote this on Dec 18 when NFLD was 14.79. Now NFLD is 4.12:

This chart is the volatility for Northfield Labs (NFLD) which has come up in a few comments.
I don't know what the market is pricing in (I specifically did not try to figure it out) but something is going on. A big move in either direction should not be a shock.

This brings up another point. Sometimes options have too much premium to even sell. The Jan 7.50 puts were bid at $1.30 at the close. That kind of premium for a strike 50% away from the market says to me that market thinks $7.50 (or maybe more correctly $6.20, $7.50 minus the premium) by January 19 is within the realm.

As a matter of philosophy I don't believe the options market gives away money for nothing.