BluelightNewsletter

Disclaimer: My personnal opinion is for your entertainment only & should not be used as advice on your decision. I may sell or buy (to cover) my holding according to the market movement. I am not a licensed financial advisor. Please always do your own DD. Set protective stops & not be too greedy. You are responsible for your own decision. I wish you good luck trading. -Blue

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

About my short ACLI, called@53.52-56.2recently at Group

I called/shorted this based on its weak FA to me: Little cash, huge# of employees, huge debt, manufacturing revenue declined last Qtr, slowing economy, soaring fuel cost to transportation...

Here's some brief history of ACLI:

  1. 1998 Merger of American Commercial Lines, Inc., Southern Marine Service LLC and NMI Holdings LLC formed American Commercial Lines LLC
  2. 2000 acquired the assets of Peavey Barge Line
    Watercom is sold to Mobex
    ACBL Hidrovias, S.A. and Ultrapetrol enter into a 50% partnership forming UABL
    Jeffboat launches its 8,000th barge in October
  3. 2001 ACL sells the majority of its American Commercial Terminal assets to partner Global Material Services.
  4. 2002 Danielson Holding Corporation acquires ACL.
  5. 2003 ACL files for Chapter 11 financial restructuring on January 31, 2003.
  6. 2004 ACL sells interest in UABL to Ultrapetrol April 23, 2004
    Jeffboat launches 10,000th vessel on July 17, 2004
    ACL files Plan of Reorganization on September 10, 2004
    ACL sells interest in GMS to Mid South Terminals October 6, 2004
  7. 2005 ACL emerges from bankruptcy on Jan 11, 2005.

=================Old message at group==================

Shorted more ACLI@56.2, I'll win in the end. .. -- Aug 4 by Blue Blue - 1 message - 1 author